Consumer Contract Regulations
Eastcoast Designed Kitchens & Bedrooms Ltd
“Butterfields”, Church Road, Freiston, Boston, Lincs PE22 0NX
TEL: 01205 760462 – FAX: 01205 761223 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Registration No. 5770439 – VAT Registration No. 893297765
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 calendar days.
(1) The cancellation period will expire 14 calendar days from the date the goods are acquired by you or a third party on your behalf.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear written statement, i.e. letter, fax or email. You may use our model cancellation form if you wish.
Please do not send the item until we have responded to you by email & confirmed the return address. Items sent to the wrong location will incur a min £25 re-location charge
To meet the cancellation deadline, send your communication stating your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired (1)
(2) If the consumer wishes to cancel the contract & has completed their obligations as set out above (1)
(a) We require the goods to be returned to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 calendar days from the date on which you communicate your cancellation of this contract to us.
(b) The deadline is met only if we have received the goods back before the 14 calendar day period has expired. No returns will be accepted after this time has lapsed.
(c) The consumer is responsible for the direct cost of returning the goods to us within the time scale (a) The return method is chosen & paid for by the consumer.
(d) If the product is not suitable to be returned by royal mail services, please contact us for further advice. Dependent on the product, we may be able to offer a collection service; this will be at a charge to the consumer.
(e) If a delivery is rejected for whatever reason a return carriage charge of £40 will be debited from the refund to cover the return cost.
(3) If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse
(a) We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for the cost of diminished value of goods, resulting from handling, other than what is necessary or usage by you or any 3rd parties you choose to employ to return the goods back to us.
(b) Refunds will be reduced or refused if the product is damaged, unusable or defective from its original state, including if it excludes original packaging.
(c) If the consumer has received the goods before cancelling the contract, the consumer will be under a duty of care to restore the goods to the supplier and, in the meantime, to keep them & take reasonable care, along with safeguarding the product whilst being returned to the supplier. We advise the consumer to choose a reputable company to return the goods & insure the goods if required. Refer to (3a)
(d) The consumer is to be liable to pay us reasonable costs in accordance with (3a)
(e) The cost of any collection charges, as agreed by the consumer in the first instance will be deducted from the refund amount due. If the product is showing signs of usage (a) the collection charge will then be chargeable to the consumer.
(4) We will make the reimbursement without delay and not later than:
(a) 14 working days after the date we receive the goods back from you any goods supplied.
(b) We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as was used for the initial transaction.
(5) Exchange requests must be made in line with sections (1 to 4) as above.
(6) Damages: The Sale of Goods Act 1973 states that we are under an obligation to reimburse you for goods that are defective or damaged as long as we have been notified of the defect or damage within a reasonable time.
(a) Please check all goods for defect or damage within 24 hours of receipt. This will enable us to rectify the issue within the shortest time frame possible.
(b) Advise us via email or letter within 30 calendar days
(c) Any goods that have been fitted and are subsequently found to be damaged will only be refundable or exchangeable at our discretion.
(7) All orders placed on our website www.eastcoastkitchens.co.uk or via telephone will be completed within 30 calendar days unless, advised in writing by the company and notified to customers within 7 days form original order date.
(8) Goods ordered will only be delivered to the registered payment address, unless shown on i.e. PayPal or account prior to order. No alternative address deliveries will be made, unless a bank payment has been received on telesales orders over £100. Payments are taken for goods via, PayPal, Debit/credit cards or bank transfer payments.
(9) Customer comments or complaints can be sent by email or letter. A response will be communicated to you within 7 working days.
Advice: Please check your goods on
Use a reputable fitter and check goods prior to installation as
'this policy is offered in addition to your legal rights'.